Description of HR Generalist, Temp, Queens, NY
|HR Generalist, Temp, Queens, NY
DESCRIPTION: We have been retained by a prestigious healthcare organization, with strong patient-focused care, to locate an HR Generalist for a long term temporary position. The facility is part of a larger continuum of care organization and is located in Queens. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Generalist will be involved in a variety of human resources projects and initiatives.
Specifically, he/she will:
• Assist in development and implementation of HR goals, policies and procedures
• Prepare and maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
• Monitors performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
• Assist with benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees
• Maintain affirmative action program, file necessary reports and assure all conforms to EEO regulations
• Recruit for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees
• Conduct new-employee orientations
• Write and place advertisements
• Assist with employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing
• Maintain company organization charts and employee directory
• Maintain all Human Resource Information Systems and compile reports from database
• Maintain compliance with all federal and state regulations concerning employment
Our client offers excellent benefits including medical and dental coverage, four weeks' vacation, a generous employer-funded retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement.
EXPERIENCE: We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of a bachelor's degree and three years of Human Resources experience. Certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) is highly preferred.